Friday, January 16, 2009

I'm back!

After a lengthy absence, which I'm sure all 1-2 of my loyal readers were devastated about, I have returned to the internets blogging machine. So, let us get caught up, shall we?

I went to Vegas last week. My first ever Vegas trip. It was fun. I'm pretty sure I lost money, but I didn't want to count so I'll never know how much. All I know is that I came home with a pretty 100 dollar bill. I'm pretty sure I didn't leave with that much, so all is well. That just goes to show how little money I have. Ha. I love and hate the Wheel of Fortune slot machine. All I want is to get a free spin for bonus money, and I'll waste endless amounts of money until I do. So by the time I do get a bonus spin, and I win like 100 bucks, I've already spent close to 200 just trying to get the damn spin. Ugh. But, it was fun regardless. I saw Phantom of the Opera at the Venetian. I LOVE Phantom. Makes me happy to think about. I also saw the guy the owns the Moonlight Bunny Ranch, and some of his *ahem* ladies. Personally, of all the games you can play in Vegas, one of my faves was "spot the hooker." It was harder when I was there, because the porno convention was also in town, so it was difficult to distinguish between porn stars and hookers, but I did my best. I definitely saw a transaction or two going down.

Let's see, what else. Oh, don't EVER fly US Airways. They always have Gremlins in their planes. (I promise, that's what the pilot called them once). I've always had issues with them, and this flight was no different. We sat on the plane for almost 45 minutes while they did paperwork for a burnt out lightbulb. 45 minutes for PAPERWORK. As I told Leah, remind me that next time I change a lightbulb, I need to write a ten page report about it. She told me it needed to be double spaced with 1" margins. I'll get on that! Anyway, so after the delay, we spent the whole day on a (literally) 95 degree airplane. The frigid blasts of air in KC were actually welcome. Oh, and then 4 days later US Airways flies one of their planes into the Hudson. I guess those people actually had to put the safety demonstration to work. Those people were actually sliding down the inflatable slides off the wings. I never thought in the event of a water landing that would actually happen. I just assumed if we were going down in water, the plane would sink and we'd have to use our handy dandy life vests. If something like that happened to me, I'd be screwed, I never pay attention to that crap. They say to give your undivided attention, but I like to see what's new in SkyMall (one of these days, I WILL order the world's biggest crossword puzzle. You know, the one that takes up a whole wall). So, anyway, I'd end up tugging on my seat cushion like it was an airmask or something of that nature. Meanwhile, the unattended child next to me would suffocate because you're supposed to help yourself first.

SO, school. It started on Thursday. But, I don't have class on Fridays or Mondays, and Monday is MLK day anyway, so no class until Tuesday! Hooray. This semester will be like all the others, annoying and long. Law school is amazing and I recommend it to all. *edit* I made that part up.

Ok, well I guess I've written enough of a catchup, especially for a Friday. I was feeling lazy tonight, so here I am blogging. Hope everyone has a good weekend!

~Ned

1 comment: