Tuesday, January 27, 2009

eBay Disaster and Other Online Shopping Follies

So, I decided I wanted to buy a purse on eBay. I found several that I liked, so I bid. And I lost the first. So I bid on another. And lost. And a third. And lost. Finally yesterday I won a really cute Burberry tote for over half off retail. (Yes for you skeptics, it's real, it had tags and a serial number and the original pouch). I was really excited. Then, this morning, I get an email from the seller saying she has to cancel our transaction because she LOST THE BAG. Why are you selling something when you don't even know where it is?!?! Why couldn't you cancel the auction, or make a note somewhere so I didn't pay like a diligent eBay buyer. Ugh. She still hasn't refunded my money, and she canceled our transaction this morning. I'm going to go on a rampage if this takes much longer.

In other online shopping news, I was purchasing another item (I can't say what because it's a gift), and the order malfunctioned twice before it worked, but it still charged me all three times! I sent an angry email, and they took care of it. Don't mess with me. I'll cut you. Just kidding. But seriously.

So, the "snowstorm" came, I suppose. We got maybe 2 inches. Maybe. The roads are a snowy slushy mess, but it's ok because I have 4 wheel drive! Woo, floor it and brake at the last second! Just joking, I still drove slowly. It does feel nice to have the extra safety though.

Alright, I'm starving. I wish you all far better eBay and online shopping than me!

~Ned

No comments:

Post a Comment