Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Biggest Loser

Happy Tuesday everyone. After spending a few days in St. Louis, I am back in Columbia until Thursday, when I leave for VEGAS. It's almost impossible to type that without making it caps lock. See...Vegas. Eh. VEGAS! Sounds so much more fun.

Anyhoo, so St. Louis. It was fun, minus me having one of the most failure-ific days of my life on Sunday. I don't like to lose, at anything, so it was a difficult pill to swallow. First, I lost three straight games of bowling. In two of them I didn't even break a 100. The days of me consistently getting between 140-180 are gone I suppose. To be replaced with suckage. Also not a real word, but it is now. Then, we were like "let's check out the arcade." Bring on more losing. I lost on a last second shot in skee ball, and thanks to at least three, probably four goals that I gracefully scored in my own goal, I lost at air hockey. My only victory of the evening was winning 200 tickets in "Deal or No Deal," which had I traded them in would have won me a plastic Hannah Montana ring, or something similar. Jackpot.

Then we went home, and the losing continued. I hesitate to even say what we were playing, because I'm sure any one of my three readers will be like "you don't even have to lose at the game, you're a loser for even playing," but whatever. There was nothing to do, and nothing on TV, so we played Risk. Yes, Risk. And to make it better, it was on the computer. After doing all the work on one of the other players, Scott knocked him out, and then proceeded to kill me because apparently my soldiers are a bunch of children. Another loss for me. So, to continue the streak, we played Monopoly, also on the computer. I almost lost to the computer player that I had purposely requested be on the easiest setting, but somehow I persevered. Only to later lose again for real. I don't know how someone can lose with a Monopoly AND hotels on the two most expensive properties, but somehow I did. With that, I resigned myself to cut all gaming and read Twilight for the remainder of the evening. Have I ever told you how much I love Twilight? It's soooo good! Once again, I'm super late in jumping on a book bandwagon (it took me years before I even looked at a Harry Potter book), but I already can't wait to read the rest of the series.

Monday we went ice skating, and I didn't fall! Then I went to get my hurr and nails did. Yes, I like to say hair like hurr. It's my blog so I can. And the breaking news of yesterday was: I changed my hair color! I'm not a blonde anymore. My hair is now a chocolate brown with some reddish tints in it. Hooray. I get easily bored with my hair, and this is the second time I've completely changed colors from blonde to something else. My hair is naturally a darker ashy blonde, and I got bored with just highlighting it. So, now it's all new! We'll see how long this lasts before I get bored again.

I have nothing to do today but run some errands, go to a basketball game, and then something later on. Other than that, it will be relaxing! Quite the norm lately, but it's Christmas break! Have a good day everyone!

~Ned

1 comment:

  1. ha! scott and the computer dominated:)i love it. i can't wait to see your hurr!

    ReplyDelete