Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Pinterest

Loyal readers!  Rejoice.  I am back.  Ok, I'm on the Pinterest bandwagon.  I think I liked it right away because I was invited by my lovely Diane, so I didn't have to wait for weeks on end for an invitation.  I remember people thinking "I have to WAIT for an invite?!  This is so elitist and stupid!"  Well, they're right, having to be invited to pin stuff onto fake electronic boards is elitist and stupid, but since I was part of the elite crew I was totally ok with it.  I'm in the club while you're being held out by velvet rope and the bouncer with biceps the size of tree trunks.  Once I got my invite, I extended the courtesy to those unfortunate souls who were waiting for an invite.  Spreading the Pinterest wealth. 

So I set out pinning.  I think I did it wrong the first few times, so I have no idea where those pins went, but then I got the hang of it and I became a pinning machine!  It's so exciting when you're down near the bottom of the page and you get the alert that you have NEW pins.  What a rush.  Anyway, I'm pinning along and I take a step back to look at my boards and I notice something slightly alarming.  The vast majority of my pins pertain to food or alcohol.  I would say for every pin that isn't food or alcohol related, 4-5 are.  What can I say?  I like food and I like drinking.  Especially crafty little drinks that can turn beer, frozen lemonade, and vodka into a tasty summer treat. 

Tonight though, I feel like I hit a new low.  I logged in to look at my board because I want to try this recipe soon, and I realized that I had not once, but twice pinned the same food and alcohol item to my board.  I have pinned so much food and alcohol recipes/ideas that I can't remember already seeing it and going "wow that looks delicious, I'll pin it."  Om nom. 

I also pin a lot to the board 'Future Child Evans', even though the thought of actually having a future child Evans is too sobering at the moment.  Plus Scott said I was too impatient to be a good mom, but I think I'll like my own children.  That's how it works, isn't it?

1 comment:

  1. You will like your own:) you'll be a great mom!

    I don't pin but I look at pins, and just that is addicting!! <3

    ReplyDelete