I've officially lived in St. Louis for a week now. The loft is slowly starting to look like a loft and less like a federal disaster area, so that's promising.
For the most part, the animals have adjusted to their new life. Cherry seems completely oblivious that anything has changed, and happily rides the elevator and plays around in the park across the street. Truman was another story. For the first few days he absolutely refused to go to the bathroom anywhere but the park, and even then it took several minutes. He preferred to walk around with pee literally dripping out because he had to go so badly than submit to this new life. But, after a few days him not having his good old backyard, he finally caved. Except he still won't go to the bathroom at night. Whatever, it's not my problem. He'll stop being a diva eventually. This coming from the dog who refuses to walk on wet grass because he doesn't like getting his feet wet. He'll stand safely under an overhang, while Cherry beelines for the nearest mud-puddle to roll around. Quite the contrast.
I like having the park across the street. It makes it much easier having two dogs in a downtown loft when I don't have to go far for them to be taken care of.
The upstairs part of our loft is pretty much always 10-15 degrees warmer than the downstairs. As a result, I sleep with a fan pointed directly at me, like some sort of sweaty old person. Don't judge. The upstairs consists of our bedroom, a bathroom, and an open office area that looks out over the living room. I'll try to post pics of everything once we are fully clear of the mountains of boxes and newspapers.
Back to the dogs for a second- I'm amazed at how many people are completely terrified of them. They're a great self-defense mechanism. I'll be walking along and some people will walk up to pet them, noticing their excited bounce. Others think the excited bounce is a sign of impending death, and make a giant arc around me to avoid them. Others jump back into stores they've just exited. I'm glad my completely harmless and defenseless animals can provide such protection!
And now, I make dinner. Have a good night people.
Pictures!!!!!
ReplyDeleteBrittany also sleeps with a fan pointed directly at her, you're not alone.
ReplyDelete