Monday, August 2, 2010

New City

Well, you will all be pleased to know that I survived my first night in St. Louis, and I didn't get murdered, raped, or robbed.  I call that a victory.  Here are a few things I've learned in my brief 24 hours as a resident of downtown St. Louis:

1. While I've been given reliable directions, I'm still not sure how to get to any major highway from my loft.  I do, though, know where the Arch is, and if I can find that, I can get places...albeit the long way.

2. The radio stations here play maybe 4-5 songs.  Among those are Katy Perry, Jason DeRulo (sp?), Mike Posner, and Rihanna and Eminem.  That's it.

3. The shootings near my building happen on Sunday nights.  This is because of a certain nightclub that's open, and that nightclub attracts a certain kind of clientèle.  So, that being said, I won't be going out much on Sundays.

4. My parking garage reminds me of a particular scene in "Saw."  Those who have seen it know what I'm referring to (where the guy gets abducted in the shady parking garage).  I will be investing in some excellent pepper spray, and perhaps even a rape whistle. 

5.  There is an "elite" dog park group.  I didn't even know those things existed.  But, there is a park across the street from our building, and there are two fenced in areas- one is fine, but the other one is far cooler.  It has sprinklers and toys and stuff, and you need a key to unlock the gate.  THAT one is the elite one.  It's like $50/year to join, and they have meetings and stuff.  (For example, the next meeting has an agenda that includes talking about new benches).  Apparently the elite park is kept cleaner, and it drains much better after a rainstorm.  We will be looking into this.  I like being part of something elite.

6.  The sliding doors to our bedroom do not keep our slut of a cat Shelby out of our room.  She reaches into the crevice and forces the door open.  Once she has it open, she proceeds to jump on/walk all over our stomachs and faces, as well as play with every possible object she can...loudly.  She got locked in the bathroom at about 4am.

7. DirecTv still sucks. 


8.  At times, karma really DOES work.

I think that's all I've got for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment