I had fallen asleep around 11:30-midnight, and at some point I had started to have a bizarre dream. I honestly don't remember what it was about or what I was even doing, but what I do know is that I woke up at 3 in the morning on top of a sleeping and snoring Scott convinced that there was an old school lawnmower machine like thing in the corner of the room.

It was like this, but imagine the cutting parts being in your face! Attacking you! Swirl, swirl, KILL!
I tried to explain it to him, and he just stared at me and then asked what the fuck I was talking about. In my heightened state of paranoia and fear of my impending doom at the hands of the swirling blades of the lawnmower machine, I think it came out something like "machine...in the corner...swirling at me." Scott tried to point out that the only thing in the corner of the room was the tower fan. I didn't believe him, instead clinging to him trying to convince him that my preposterous imagined killing device was real. After a few minutes of this back and forth, I finally calmed down, and allowed myself to roll back over. At this point Scott asked me if I wanted him to get up and check the whole room for imaginary creatures or machines. I realized then how ridiculous the whole situation was.
Have any of YOU ever dreamed up a situation so bizarre? Scott has made fun of me ever since. I don't think I'll be living that down any time soon.
In other news, recent conversations with my dear law school bff Kitty have led to us formulating a new life plan. It's going to sound weird, but keep with me. We're both convinced that in our previous lives we were some sort of royalty or nobility, because of our shared love of doing absolutely nothing. We both could sit all day and night doing whatever we want, whenever. Now I know you're thinking "well everyone would want to to whatever they want", and while that's true, I think our enjoyment of it spans more than the average desire. So here's our plan. Based on the failure of our previous life plan (law school followed by a lucrative and rewarding career), we are now going to drop out of law school, and go back in time to become royal princesses, thereby fulfilling our new life goal of doing absolutely whatever we want, or absolutely nothing at all. Now before you start asking about how we'll do this, and where we'll get the time machine (the obvious concern), I don't know all the details yet. Our plan is still in its preliminary stages. But, we will need a time machine, so if anyone knows of one, direct this knowledge my way. I feel pretty confident that our advisers at school will not only understand, but whole-heartedly support our decision to withdraw from law school 2 weeks before graduation. Plus, "Her Highness the Royal Princess" will look great on any resume.
With my new life ironed out, I leave you with the picture of the day (or entry, since I don't post everyday).
Have any of YOU ever dreamed up a situation so bizarre? Scott has made fun of me ever since. I don't think I'll be living that down any time soon.
In other news, recent conversations with my dear law school bff Kitty have led to us formulating a new life plan. It's going to sound weird, but keep with me. We're both convinced that in our previous lives we were some sort of royalty or nobility, because of our shared love of doing absolutely nothing. We both could sit all day and night doing whatever we want, whenever. Now I know you're thinking "well everyone would want to to whatever they want", and while that's true, I think our enjoyment of it spans more than the average desire. So here's our plan. Based on the failure of our previous life plan (law school followed by a lucrative and rewarding career), we are now going to drop out of law school, and go back in time to become royal princesses, thereby fulfilling our new life goal of doing absolutely whatever we want, or absolutely nothing at all. Now before you start asking about how we'll do this, and where we'll get the time machine (the obvious concern), I don't know all the details yet. Our plan is still in its preliminary stages. But, we will need a time machine, so if anyone knows of one, direct this knowledge my way. I feel pretty confident that our advisers at school will not only understand, but whole-heartedly support our decision to withdraw from law school 2 weeks before graduation. Plus, "Her Highness the Royal Princess" will look great on any resume.
With my new life ironed out, I leave you with the picture of the day (or entry, since I don't post everyday).
No comments:
Post a Comment