Monday, March 30, 2009

The Madness of March

Well gang, I'm back! I'm giving a shoutout to my loyal reader, Scotty. Without him, I don't know how often I would update this! So, shoutout!

Let's see. The past few weeks have been CRAZY hectic. After the Big XII tournament, I had a week of class and then I went to Lubbock for Ratch's engagement. I flew to Dallas and then rode with Leah out to Lubbock. We had the BEST time on the drive (as much fun as people can have driving to Lubbock). We switched off songs on our iPods, which ended with us blasting rap music. We're so hood.

We surprised Ratch in Lubbock. Poor Ratch, she was delayed for 4 hours trying to get from Dallas. She looked pissed beyond belief walking out of the airport. And John was practically having an aneurysm. Leah, Sami, and I had to be the calming forces for a while. But, after Ratch saw us she was happy again. Our job was to take her to lunch, and make sure she didn't get drunk. We achieved one of those goals. Then we passed her off for the rest of her day! We all met up later at Abuelo's after the proposal! In case you were wondering, she said yes. It was a fun weekend, and I'm glad I got to see my girls.

After Lubbock, I had about a day off before I was off to Arizona for the Sweet 16! Mizzou made it, and I went out to watch! My hero used one of his free flights so I could go out there and spend my spring break. They had a water slide at the hotel! I'm pretty sure I went down it no less than 50 times. I got quite a sunburn that first day. But it was so fun! Later that night Scott and I owned at buck hunter. Until I broke my gun trying to reload too vigorously. Oh well. I claim that's the only reason he won :)

Thursday, Mizzou kicked some Memphis butt to get into the Elite 8! It was such a fun game and a great atmosphere; I'm really glad I got to be there. Friday, we drank and watched basketball all day. We found this place that literally had over 100 TVs showing various sporting events. It was good times. One of my favorite pictures of the trip also came from Friday. It is Scott and John on the kiddy merry go-round. It's on facebook. Some might say it's a must see. Those people would be me.

Saturday, Mizzou played a tough game, but lost to UConn. They had a great season!

Everyone but John flew home on Sunday, and we spent the day being tearfully bored. Fortunately, I flew home at 6am today, and I was back in Columbia by 1:30pm. Just in time to watch 24 and then get my life in order before it's back to the real world tomorrow. It was a great spring break and I'm glad I got to have the experience and share it with some cool people.

Anyhoo, I really need to get on some homework now. I'm so tired, but someone wise said there's no rest for the weary. Have a good night everyone!

~Ned

1 comment:

  1. what? you didn't like john calling us every 3.5 minutes??!! haha, i don't know why you thought he was having an aneurysm (i know you dictionary.com'd that shit)!

    i had so much fun riding out there with you. love you lots, and you have more than 1 loyal reader!

    ReplyDelete