Saturday, December 3, 2011

A walk down memory lane...

Here I am.  Whee. 

For those that don't know, our sweet family puppy Katie drifted off into eternal sleep on Monday.  She was nearly 16 years old, and had been struggling with a lot of joint pain lately, as well a just a general deterioration of quality of life.  I had known things weren't going too well over the weekend last weekend, so when my cell rang at lunchtime on Monday and it was Mom, I immediately knew why she was calling.  Mom said she was very brave, and didn't get the normal car ride jitters when she thinks she's going to the vet.  Despite the fact I knew it was coming sooner rather than later, and knowing full well what a great life she'd had, I was still surprised by my reaction.  Fortunately I was at home and I was able to get all the crying out in the comfort of my living room.  I couldn't imagine hearing that in my office.  Also fortunately, I have two pretty cool dogs of my own who immediately came to make sure I was ok.  Truman put his head in my lap and Cherry just sat quietly behind him.  Man I love my dogs.

Anyway, I have a giant box of old pictures that I decided to look through because I knew it would have pictures of Katie that I could post as a last "love you" to my sweet little girl.  I also found some gems along the way.  The quality of these pics is suspect at best because, well, they're old.  I'm sure you'll survive.

 Grand Theft Auto hooker walk anyone?

 Katie and Dad in our Frisco yard.  He looked confused even then.  ;)

 Leah has always loved pictures of herself.  LOVED.

I think this was an Easter party at KB (then KT's) house.

Country girl night- Trail Dust and dancing.  My definition of country girl was putting my hair in braided pigtails.  Try to resist.

My girl!

Probably one of my favorite pictures of her.  

"Singing along" to my saxophone.

:)

 Christmas Eve 2002 I believe.  She was so stylish with her festive bandanna.

We look good.

I loved that little dog.  And, I love all my friends in these pics who I am fortunate to still count among my best friends.  

No comments:

Post a Comment