Monday, November 1, 2010

Simple Cherry

Well I am back, and it's time for another rousing episode of Simple Cherry.

Truman had his vet appointment about a month ago, and last week was Cherry's turn.  Cherry must have known she was going to be subjected to an anal thermometer and a shot in her nostril because she decided to celebrate by eating a lamp and scattering hundreds of little craft popsicle sticks from the craft drawer all over the floor.  Good times for me to clean up.  I decided to worry about it later and we take off down the street to the vet.  The vet adventure started with Cherry knocking over a container of dog bones for sale as soon as we walked in the door.  The vet we go to is also a doggy daycare, groomer, and boutique, so she loves to see what kind of mess she can get into.  We got into the exam room, and I also had Truman with me because he was getting his ears checked.  So they started having a good time, and Cherry knocked over one of the dog skeleton jaws. Oops.  She then started eating it.  Never a dull moment.  Long story short, they're both completely healthy, and Truman even lost a pound!  If I was only 5 lbs away from my goal weight I'd cry with joy, but for him it's a crisis. 

Anyway, we start out for home and I decided to take them down a different street so we could stop off in the grassy patch for a quick pee break before I went back to work.  I get to the intersection, and even though I don't have a walk sign, there aren't any cars in the street and the nearest cars are several blocks down, so I figured I'd have time to cross before they got to us.  Well, I would have had plenty of time, but Cherry decided she couldn't wait to get to the grassy patch, and she drops her proverbial pants in the MIDDLE OF THE ROAD and just starts peeing.  Truman kept walking so I start getting pulled in two different directions.  I try tugging on Cherry's leash but she is dead set on emptying her entire bladder in the middle of the road at Locust and Tucker.  I'm not sure what she drank all morning, or if lamps have the magical power to turn into bladder liquid, but she was literally peeing GALLONS in the road, and nothing I was doing was going to make her start walking again.  About halfway through, all the cars that were tiny little fly-size specks down the street are now stopped at their green light watching my dog pee everywhere.  I was beyond mortified.  I tried waving like "ha isn't this funny" but the general consensus among the stopped cars was that no, it wasn't funny at all.  Their faces were a mix of disgust, exasperation, and flat out anger.  I guess I know what it's like to be trying to get places, but maybe I'm just such a dog lover because while in the midst of all this I just started laughing.  How can you not laugh?  Maybe you can't, but I did.  Sorry to all the drivers that were privy to my dog's potty habits. 


So, that was that.  And now I'm off.  Please treasure this post.  I know I will.

3 comments:

  1. Cherry is SUCH a mess...she needs to meet Dixie. I'm pretty sure they'd get along great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't stop giggling :)
    Ah, doggies, don't ya just love 'em?

    ReplyDelete
  3. btw, don't know if I already told you this (cause I'm old and forgetful), but we call Amy "the Mexican", because of her addiction!

    ReplyDelete