Friday, October 15, 2010

This is all so new!

This baseball in October thing has pretty much never happened in Dallas, but it seems like people are getting the hang of it pretty quickly.  The crowd shots don't feature morons wearing Cowboys jerseys like I would have expected.  People seem to have figured out how this works.  I never really cared about baseball until I moved to Missouri, where the people actually care about baseball.  No one really gives two craps about the Royals (except fireworks Fridays), and since the company I was in included some of the most avid Cardinal fans out there, the choice was easy.  The Cardinals are to St. Louis what the Cowboys are to Dallas.  Not just a team- a way of life.  So it was quite natural to get caught up in it.  In my 13 years of living in Dallas, I went to about 2 Ranger games.  BUT, I am a proud Native Texan and I am ON the bandwagon!  And this bandwagon is flying along.  I sure hope I don't fall off! 

The fall air is so crisp and has the faint hint of fireplace smoke.  I love it.  I have the window barely open, lest my cats get any daredevil ideas, but it's open enough to pick up the nice breeze that whips through the courtyard between the two buildings. 

There really isn't anything new to report.  It's almost Halloween and I haven't picked out any costume ideas.  I did decorate.  I just don't have the energy to go looking for a ridiculously overpriced and poorly made costume.  Perhaps I will make my own?  I'm such a seamstress *sarcasm*.  To date this is probably one of my more involved costumes:



The picture was taken on a leisurely stroll from O'Bannon's to Dry Bean around 11pm, but if you look closely you can see an over-the-top Marie Antoinette next to Douglas the sex crusader and Spiderman.  No that's not my hair.  Anyway, that was about as creative as I got.  So any ideas would be appreciated.  I don't even know if I'm DOING anything for Halloween, but I would hate to be unprepared.  


Anyway, I'm off for now.  This was wildly entertaining, I know.  I know how to keep an audience coming back for more.  I leave you with Truman and his "stick."

He was so agile with this thing, bumping into shit and trying to carry it, but essentially just dragging it along.  Whatever keeps him happy.

1 comment:

  1. stick:Truman::tree:Brody

    :) i feel like there is a baseball game on at my house every night. noah even got me a maternity rangers shirt...

    ReplyDelete