Sunday, October 2, 2011

Mamajuana anyone?



Mamajuana being this highly potent alcoholic drink native to the Dominican Republic.  They don't let you bring it to America.  It's quite intense.

Ok yes, we got back from our honeymoon about three weeks ago.  I'M SORRY.  I fail.  To be honest, I'm still not 100% caught up at work, but I'm getting there.  I have decided that I'm never going on vacation again.  I had about 120 emails when I got back.  Sigh.  Our honeymoon, however, was fantastic!

Here are some pics-

On the bus headed to the hotel.

Our welcome drink while we waited for our room to be ready.

I used the life out of that jacuzzi.  Afternoon bath everyday?  Why not...it's my honeymoon!

Our beautiful room.  Everyday had a new towel creation, courtesy of our maid.

Pool view from our balcony.  The ocean is just off to the left.

I pretty much always had some sort of vodka drink when we were in the room.  And we brought the rum home.  Caribbean rum is where it's at.

Walk on the beach the first evening.  One of the few pics of both of us, courtesy of a lady walking on the beach.

Love this lil guy!

Manny the cute sea lion.  I called him Truman while we were there.

 Manny kiss!

 This isn't Photoshopped.  The dolphin actually jumped over me.  Pardon my lack of paying attention to the guy taking the pics.  I was too excited.

Zip-lining through the jungles.  This was so much fun.  Hi Scott!

As you can see, the camera was hooked through my helmet.  So, these are the kind of pics I got of myself

Here comes Scott again!

The vantage point all week for me and my finger-toes.

Loved long afternoons reading on the beach.  :)

Snorkeling in the waters off our resort beached turned out to be one of our favorite things.

Dinner the last night.

Our home-bound airplane.

Bye bye Punta Cana.  


I obviously took quite a few more pictures, but these are some of the highlights.  We really had a great time.  I burnt my shoulders to a crisp day one on the beach (as did Scott), so we took that as an opportunity to take it easy most of the week. We'd do an excursion one morning (dolphins one day, zip-lining another), and then come back and relax with a fruity drink by the beach or pool.  We also took advantage of the food choices, eating at least once at all the restaurants.  My faves were the Japanese Hibachi Grill and Asadito Steakhouse.  Sometimes we'd have lunch and then go to the buffet just for ice cream.  What of it?

We made a few friends throughout the week at the resort.  We'd run into this other honeymooning couple almost every night at the lobby bar, so we'd chat with them before and after dinner.  We played in a poker tournament on Tuesday night.  I think it started with 19 players, so not a big tourney, but the top 3 made the money.  I finished 3rd- holla!  I knocked out some peeps, including my own husband.  People called me ruthless.  I call it winning.  We played in the tourney Friday night too, and in that one Scott made the money so that was nice.  The best part- having NOTHING to do most days.  We just did whatever we wanted.  Nap on the beach?  Sure.  Ice cream at noon?  Hell yea.  Sit at the swim-up bar for a few hours?  Yes.  Sleep 'til 11 or noon?  We've got nothing else to do!  It was, to use an unnecessary adjective, sublime.  

Anyway, I'll leave you with this.  Much love all my blogger monsters!

 
L
Love the beach!

1 comment: