I did get a dress and shoes, finally. Way to cut it close, I know. It was actually Scott who convinced me to even go into the store. I knew that I'd have to get a sample dress close to my size and alter it, because I wouldn't have enough time to order one. I wasn't sure what I'd find, so I was shocked when I got into the store and saw THE dress that I had wanted so long ago, in my size, sitting on the clearance rack. I tried it on, and it was close enough to fitting (with alterations, we'll be set!), so I bought it. And the shoes the stylist brought me to try on with the dress. The price as new? Probably over $1000. What I paid? $165. For both. As Charlie Sheen would say..."winning." So, check that off the list.
Invitations? Check, thanks to my lovely parents. I'm honestly excited to see one in person because I have not yet. Mom is mailing me an invitation to my own wedding, so I'll have a chance then. (As I've said several times, nothing would be planned without the amazing organization and planning of Scott and my parents).
Plans for the day? Check, thanks to Scott. (We've got a lot of checks going on!) The ceremony will be on a bluff-top overlooking the Missouri River at a winery about 15 minutes from Columbia. Please no rain! I haven't asked for a lot with this wedding, but I do ask for nice weather. We'll also have some cocktails at the ceremony for people to enjoy before and after. Later that evening we're having a dinner reception at the Tiger Hotel catered by a restaurant downtown. It will be a mini version of our original reception, complete with table linens and all. After that, we have the Tonic Lounge downtown reserved for an after-party, where everyone can drink and dance the night away. It's a bit unconventional, but I think it will be laid back and fun.
Cake and flowers? Check. Shout-out to the Hy-Vee Bakery (no one better judge, because I bet it's going to be damn good). And, shout-out to Sam's Club. Yes, you heard right, Sam's does flower packages, and pretty good ones too. Considering our small affair, I didn't think spending gobs on flowers was advisable.
Photography? Check. Shoutout to Alex Giddings. He rocks, and I'm quite excited to see what he does.
Music? Still working on that one...please hold.
Anyway, as you can see, it's starting to come together, and no thanks to my initiative. That's why I love my parents and my fiance. I cannot wait to see all my closest friends and show them my life here. :)
Anyhoo, in other news, here are some new pictures of the beasts.
Ok, so this isn't a beast, but he looked so cold in the snow I had to snap a pic.
My lovable hot mess.
Based on how wise he always looks in pictures, you'd think he was intelligent. You'd think wrong.
The rest of these are pics from one of our many Snowmageddon play dates.
I love his weird faces.



$165?!?! Holy crap! I'm so jealous!
ReplyDeletei absolutely love your photos:) and that you're not a crazy bride! it's going to be a great weekend, and i can't wait to see you!
ReplyDelete